Saturday, June 13, 2009

challenge #3: a few of my favorite things:
xoxo


here's my take... i just LOVE this month's SC kit, the paper is fabulous...
this was the only way i could think to add all the ones i love!one of my favorite techniques, i used adhesive foam to pop up the calendar (the one i won in the jb class :) this is when i started scrapping, can you believe it's only been 4 months?

lili bee...

...and pink paislee - you know i love rub-ons!
almost all my LO's have brads and buttons. and my favorite kit, of course, not just SC, but SC add-on kits!

so to spell it out i've tried to include most of my {favorites}: SC, jenni bowlin, cosmo cricket, october afternoon, sassafras lass & collage press paper, basic grey letters (which believe it or not i prefer to thickers), brads, twine, the threading water punch, black & white photos... there's also some stuff you can't really see: the basic grey opaline gems & cosmo cricket chipboard stickers. i wanted to add more...mist, ribbon, more hambly rub-ons, etc...but it started looking really gaudy, heh heh. i had to really hold back! oh! and naturally a LO wouldn't be considered mine unless there is a small flaw. if you look at the bottom right hand corner, you see where part of a rub-on rubbed off...i couldn't get it off. sigh. oh well...this was fun!
xo - W

4 comments:

  1. Wen! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! This is my most favorite layout of yours ever! And you did it all on your own :) I am totally going to scraplift this for myself. I love the colors, the pictures, the placement of the rubons, the way you used the SC sticker label, the tree rubon - everything! You HAVE to post this on the SC blog. You will get lots of compliments and that always feels good. I really love this Wen! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! This is my most favorite layout of yours too! It's wonderfully done! I love the paper you chose, very nice designs. The pictures are perfectly placed. The colors go so well together. You've got skillz my friend!!! Scrapping skillz, that is!

    I'm probably going to end up doing squares, rectangles, or maybe even circles too?! Who knows. For some reason, I'm struggling with how to present all of my favorite things. Argh! I'm making this harder than it is. I just need to be off of work already so I can concentrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Wena!! I think it's my favorite too!!! Very, very creative...and I'm sure you pleased Rick by using "clean lines". :) Your LO is very Ali-esque! ...Love it even more!! xo, as

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention, Wena. You know I use to take off rub-on mistakes. I use Scotch Gift Tape (the purple label, not green)...it's the "gift wrap tape". I place it on top of the rub-on, gently apply pressure directly on top of rub-on (don't apply too much pressure) and it'll come off. Sometimes it comes off on the first try...sometimes 2-3 times.

    ReplyDelete