Saturday, June 27, 2009

Aww...finally I finished a challenge (#4). I have this crazy, neighborhood garage sale that I've been preparing for. I tore my house apart! :( So amidst all of the chaos, here is what I came up with. Nette, seriously this was a challenge for me because I couldn't just do ALL one color -- in this case it was blue. But I needed contrast of some sort...so this is my take on it.

I used 'business card holders' instead of baseball sleeves. I journaled behind the photo using 7Gypsie's number metal tags to help pull out the photo. This is also a page I've done in the past called "Its So Joey"...I did that last year, so I figure why not do it again for milestone purposes. I had fun putting this together. Thanks for the challenge...

Off to the garage I go!! Have a great weekend gals!
xo,
AS

This is the past layout I did with the same title.

5 comments:

  1. a - i LOVE this! it's so fun! i'm working on mine right now & i'm glad you didn't stick strictly to one color, it was hard for me too. love those 7gypsies number metal tags (i want them for my dec daily!!). love the innovation w/ the business card sleeves, the randomness, the uniqueness -- always your signature!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. this is a cool way to picture document, gonna have to lift this idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very, clever! I love the business card sleeves too! Mine is looking similar to yours because I cut up the baseball sleeve into individual pieces. I know, it's hard sticking to just ONE color. But at least it's majority of one color. I'm kinda mixing it up too for contrast sake. But your layouts are always inspiring! Love the journaling behind the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning, beautiful, inspiring. And a lot more :) You are so creative. I love you can take things and totally make it your own signature style. So clever how you cut up the sleeve holder and tucked lots of good things behind the picture. I am totally gonna copy this! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually didn't have to cut up the sleeves, it came that way with adhesive backing to them. I first adhered the journal piece onto the 12x12 page and then, applied the business card sleeve directly on top. So its only the photo in the sleeve....

    ReplyDelete