Monday, June 8, 2009

challenge #2: cutting up patterned paper:
like papa, like son

here's what i started with



here's the end result

i really wanted to title it "like father, like son", but i was running low on the thickers, lol. i had to cut up a 'g' to make that 'o'

i bought the orange felt embellishments @ the scrapbook expo with j, they are SO thick!


i love this stamp! it's not a very good shot, but i used adhesive squares to pop it up

...and SO, once again, this was difficult for me (i didn't scraplift). clearly i didn't use THAT much paper, but i did cut it up :) it's actually 2 pieces i cut up then pasted together. i don't know why...the paper actually came that way, lol. did i say i hate being the rookie (how long do i get to use that one)? i think my biggest challenge is not so much the actual layout or placement of the images or paper, but the embellishing part. and colors...i am really trying to get away from being too "matchy". i guess it's something i will learn with time. i haven't scrapped in a few days and i think my mind is on closing out the end of the school year. thank goodness my SC kit is on it's way...did i mention i bought all (yes all) 3 add-on kits? i need to get back into the groove! :)

cheers! W

3 comments:

  1. Wena! Wena! Can I say your CRAZY for buying all three add-on kits?!! But I LOVE it at the same time!! I am such an enabler..."BUY! BUY!! YES, BUY THIS TOO!! " Just kidding. Love how you love to buy so much stuff...reminds me of how it was in the beginning! Fond memories. :)

    BTW, LOVE-- L-O-V-E!! your layout!!!! Everything about it...good for you for not being so "matchy" -- :)
    OHHH... Challenge to be posted (TBP)...Yes, I'm behind...
    xoxoxoxo
    as

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wena, I LOVE it!!! Love the pictures, the orange & blue color combo, the way you made the "g" into an "o" and the embellishments! I don't know why you worry about little stuff like that. You need to give yourself more credit. love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way behind! But nevertheless, you're layout is awesome! I LOVE the black & white photo here. The color choice is soooo perfect.

    ReplyDelete