Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Challenge #6 - On Motherhood

Has it really been a month since we've last blogged or scrapped?! That's ok - that means we were out enjoying every minute of our summer and spending quality time with our families :) Since we took a break from scrapping, I'm going to make our next challenge very easy.

Back history on how I came up with this challenge. In a recent discussion with my mom, I was surprised to find out that she knows how to fix a leaky faucet & change a broken garage door. All because she was forced to learn when she was a Navy mom and raising us 3 kids by herself. She told me of the frustrations and challenges she had being a single mom for years at at time.

It got me thinking. How cool would it be to record our reflections on motherhood. You could scrap about your own mom, a mother figure or being a mom yourself.

Here is mine:




Journaling reads: "Half the time I don't know what I'm doing. At times I get so frustrated. Sometimes I doubt myself. A few times I have cried. But when I get one of these smiles, totally worth it. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Sept 2009"


3 comments:

  1. jen! ok, this is my FAVORITE!! (even more than the last time i said that - haha). i love the pic, the letters (basic grey, new SC kit?), the feel. you captured motherhood very simply here. totally tearing up! you're too advanced, so how about i just lift it now & post - hee hee. LOVE this jen! i know it's been awhile since we've all scrapped, but you've always got the touch, no matter how long you go without scrapping. without a doubt, you are an amazing mom - just look at vince's face for proof :) LOVE YOU!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the challenge, Jenny!! Very simple yet very meaningful! The topic of motherhood instantly warms my heart...I'm going to love creating for this challenge.
    Love the simplicity of this layout, love the layering...I spy your favorite wood letters (tee-hee)...I love the journaling. It goes true for all of us, I think- "Wouldn't trade it for the world"...Can't beat that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, the very thought of motherhood gives me warm fuzzies! This challenge is so heartfelt. You are brilliant, Jenny. I can't wait to get started. You have such a knack at this. It's Simple, Thoughtful, Creative, and Classic. And I love the "rue de Paris" page!

    ReplyDelete