Thursday, July 8, 2010

Eight is Enough Challenge

Here is a picture of my supplies again: 4 patterned papers, 1 letter sticker sheet, 2 die cut sticker sheets, 1 scallop circle punch. 


1) the hat makes him invisible:




I never use black cardstock. I need to use more of it! I hand cut the stars out of one of the papers and also hand cut one of the edges. I used stickers as the journaling lines. Then I finished the page by outlining the whole layout with a white sharpie pen.

2) best dad ever:


I used the scallop circle punch to make a fun banner. I lifted the idea from Maggie Holmes (Studio Calico). Then I doodled on the scallops and around the page as well.

3) our favorite restaurant:


I hand cut the edges on the pattern paper to create the borders. I love how it turned out. 

4) sweet summer:


I created journaling lines by cutting up a border sticker. The left over banners were placed in a circle to make the flower in the bottom right corner. I lifted that idea off from the Jenni Bowlin site.

There you have it! I did my best to try and not over think the process. It took me 3 days to make all these layouts. That is with  me working during the day and just scrapping in the evenings. This challenge totally made me think of ways to use my supplies in different ways. I now have a much better appreciation of all my border punches :)  Can't wait to see what you guys come up! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment