Monday, March 1, 2010

Sewing Challenge

For this challenge, I decided to try my hand at sewing yo-yo flowers. It's always something I've wanted to do but thought it was too hard. Was I wrong!  Yo-yo flowers are so easy to make! I used this tutorial from Studio Calico and also used a sketch from the site to come up with this layout:



Who said you can't use flowers on a layout about boys? Seriously, I can't believe how easy it was to make these. I just journaled random thoughts of how Vince started his day that day.  Thanks Nette for prompting me to get out the fabric I bought over a year ago :)

1 comment:

  1. Loooooooooooooooove this layout, Jenny! Loved how the focal point is Vince! You can tell your own story just by looking at his photo!!! Love it to pieces! Gotta look into the yo-yo flowers!!! xoxo

    BTW, "ribbons" haven't arrived yet! Have to check what the hold up is! Boo!

    ReplyDelete