Friday, July 31, 2009

Self Portrait Challenge


Vince took this picture of me when we were at Sea World a few weeks ago. I have no idea what I was doing. I remember we were both waiting for Jeb and Olivia to finish an Elmo ride and Vince was taking pictures of them. So I was really delighted when I saw this on the camera. I didn't photoshop any bit of this picture. I love the over exposure and the half face picture. And when I saw this digital brush from Ali Edwards, I knew what I wanted to do with it. Really simple layout. I just misted over an old flower mask I had with turquoise and bits of gold. Added a butterfly from Making Memories. And then I printed the journaling on fabric photo paper. xoxo Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Love this layout, Jenny! Love the simplicity of photo + words...Just like Ali E. :)
    I still need to do mine. I think its a GREAT idea/challenge, Wena. It's been a tug-of-war for me in how I want to express who I am today...
    xoxo ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know this is a hard challenge, but i'm already loving how this has started! jen, i LOVE this!! LOVE the picture - one of my faves of you! nice job vince! the butterly is a very "you" touch. love the paper, misting, everything!!

    i'm actually worked on mine yesterday, too (finally!). finished the journaling, just gotta put everything else together (haha). xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so photo journalistic! Absolutely awesome! I love your repetitive "I see." It's very powerful. You are so very talented, Jenny!

    I'm having issues with finding a decent photo of myself. I'm not thrilled about how I look these days. Anyhoo, I'll figure it out. Thanks again for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete